Tuesday 18 November 2014

Things I wish I could do, but can't...YET!

10-15 Things You Wish You Could Do

Due Tuesday, December 2

Here is the start to mine. It is only a work in progress.




  1. Make a hula hoop work:
Using a hula hoop is not terribly important skill. No one wins an Olympic medal for it. Is rhythmic gymnastics still in the Olympics? The hula hoop always seemed like a very simple skill, at least it looks simple when a seven year old girl grabs a hula hoop and starts it spinning! Apparently, my hips don't work, because when I grab the hula hoop it falls to the ground as quickly as gravity will take it.


    2.   Proper cartwheel

A cartwheel falls into the same category as the hula hoop. Physical skills that appear simple to me, but when attempted are actually superhero like tasks. My window of opportunity for this one may be closing, as I get older and slower. Every once in a while, when no one is looking, I give it a shot.

   
  3.  Play the guitar

I love music! I especially love great guitar players, like Neil Young or Eric Clapton (look them up). When I was a teenager working at summer camps, it was always the guys with guitars, playing "Wild World" by Cat Stevens, who attracted the crowds, especially the girls. My advice to you: if your parents offer you music lessons, go for it!

Other possible ideas for me:
  1. Hit a 300 yard drive down the middle of the fairway
  2. Draw
  3. Stop properly on skates
  4. Dance without being self conscious
  5. Really speak a second language
  6. Drive a manual transmission car
  7. Really like gardening
  8. Slam dunk like Michael Jordan
  9. Solve the Rubik's cube (I'm getting close)

No comments:

Post a Comment